Our annual Fall Festival at our Connor Street location will be on Friday, October 28th, which will be a half-day of school. The costume parade for Early Childhood through Middle School students will begin at 11:00 am.
Elizabeth Academy is an inclusive private non-profit Montessori school currently serving over 200 students located in the East Millcreek area of Salt Lake City, Utah. Fully embracing Montessori best practices, Elizabeth Academy is a model school for inclusion designed to challenge and inspire diverse learners from 18 months to 14 years of age.
This means that all children learn. The broad scope and sequence of the Montessori method and materials allows for individualized learning. Our MACTE credentialed and experienced Montessori teachers work collaboratively with special educators and therapists to ensure that each child is appropriately challenged and supported.
Since 2009, we have been guiding young people in developing the skills to be successful in life: initiative, concentration, critical thinking, problem-solving, teamwork, respect, responsibility, empathy, and the desire to “give back” through service. We know that each child has unique interests, abilities, and needs. Honoring that individuality opens unlimited possibilities, a brighter future for us all. Our students are encouraged to question, learn how to find answers, and process information for real understanding. This shapes the way they will master new skills and solve problems for the rest of their lives.
We are committed to Inclusion at Elizabeth Academy. It is our reason to be. We are committed to what we call legitimate inclusion, which means that alongside typical and gifted children who comprise the bulk of our enrollment, we strongly encourage including a manageable percentage of children with documented special needs, roughly 15%. And no more. There must be balance, the ratio of this diversity being reflective of what is experienced in the population at large, our real experience in the community outside of the classroom.
Elizabeth Academy provides:
* A comprehensive and dynamic Montessori curriculum capable of meeting the intellectual and emotional needs of typical, exceptional, and gifted learners.
* Enrichments for all program levels: Visual Art, Music, Dance, Physical Education and Communication Skills.
* Upper Elementary and Middle School students choose from a menu of electives. Arts electives include ceramic hand building, drawing, painting, and foundry. Physical education electives include skiing, snowshoeing, cross country running, yoga, soccer, and swimming. Music electives include musical theater, improvisation, performance art, choir and guitar.
* Middle School students experience real life application of the concepts they are learning in the classroom through a wide range of field studies. Students participate in service projects, and study economics both in theory and practice through actual business ventures. Money earned funds class trips to destinations such as the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City, Teton Science Camp, and Washington D.C.
* Private speech and language services as well as Music and Reading Therapy for children needing support in these areas.
Our vision is to bring an inclusive model of education with an integrated arts focus to children throughout Utah and hopefully (ultimately) the United States. We dream big. Our children, our future, depend on it.