Elizabeth Academy is an inclusive private non-profit Montessori school located in the East Millcreek area of Salt Lake City. Since 2009, we have been guiding students to develop the skills they need to be successful in life. Elizabeth Academy embraces educational best practices to guide, inspire and challenge its students. Currently, we serve over 250 students from 18 months to 14 years of age, and we will be adding an Infant class and a 9th grade class for the 2017-18 school year.
Elizabeth Academy is a Member School of the American Montessori Society and the Utah Montessori Council. We are certified by both MEPI (Montessori Educational Programs International) and IMI (The Institute for Montessori Innovation at Westminster College) as a teacher training and internship site.
We will continue to operate our Elizabeth Academy campus in Millcreek, and will be launching our Garfield Academy campus in Sugarhouse in August 2017. Our Early Childhood Academy will continue in its Murray location until January and will then move to our Garfield Academy campus.
Elizabeth Academy provides:
* A comprehensive and dynamic Montessori curriculum capable of meeting the intellectual and emotional needs of typical, exceptional, and gifted learners.
* Enrichments for all program levels: Visual Art, Music, Dance, Physical Education and Communication Skills.
* Upper Elementary and Middle School students choose from a menu of electives. Arts electives include ceramic hand building, drawing, painting, and foundry. Physical education electives include skiing, snowshoeing, cross country running, yoga, soccer, and swimming. Music electives include musical theater, improvisation, performance art, choir and guitar.
* Middle School students experience real life application of the concepts they are learning in the classroom through a wide range of field studies. Students participate in service projects, and study economics both in theory and practice through actual business ventures. Money earned funds class trips to destinations such as the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City, Teton Science Camp, and Washington D.C.
* Private speech and language services as well as Occupational, Physical, Reading and Music Therapy for children needing support in these areas.